Thursday 29 January 2015

DBH 1 and DBH 2, Gernika Basketball players!

Yesterday we were honoured with the visit of two great basketball players from Gernika Basketball team. They gave us a talk about sport and healthy live and students asked many questions and took photos with them. This is the interview pupils wrote, enjoy!


QUESTIONS:
What made you want to play basketball?

 BRITTANY:
-Well, I always loved sports and when I started playing basketball, I suddenly fell in love with it.
CLAUDIA:-One day, my school teacher asked if someone wanted to play basketball, and I got very

interested. I thought that I had to train more because I didn't know anything about it, and then I just

started to love it and it became my new hobby.
Do you enjoy playing this sport?

BRITTANY:-Yes I do, but it can sometimes be tiring with all of the training and staying healthy,and

that's a big challenge since I love eating pizza.
What do you feel when you play basketball?
CLAUDIA:-It's really exciting to feel the emotion of the audience and all of our hard work pays of

when we see their faces.

BRITTANY:-It's so wonderful to see everyone cheering for you because it motivates us to see that

they support and care for us, although, sometimes it's not very pleasant to watch them sad or upset

because we lost a match.
BY: Sara Iturriarte
                                Claudia and Britany with our DBH 1 class
-Were your teachers nice?
Claudia-Yes,they were.
Brittany-Yes,they were.

-If you didn´t think about being a basketball player,what would you be?
Claudia-I would be a teacher.
Brittany-I would be a care taker of animals.

-How tall are you?
Claudia-I am 1´85m.
Brittany-I am 1´93m.

Do they give you a lot of money?
Both-Enough to live.


-How many languages do you speak?
Claudia-I speak English,Romanian and Spanish.
Brittany-I speak English and very little  Spanish.
BY: Anton Monie

1. How old were you when you started to play?

   Claudia: I was 7 years old.
   Britany: I was 10 years old.
  2. How old are you now?

   Claudia: I am 25 years old.
   Britany: I am 27 years old.

                                                           BY: Alaia Ituño
The basketball players´ names are Claudia, a girl with blond hair that measures 1.8m and Britany, a girl with black hair that measures 1.9m.

When did they start to play basketball?:Claudia starts at the age of 8  and Britany at the age of  10.

How old are they?:Claudia is 25 years old and Britany 27.

Why did they choose basketball and not another sport?:Because it is the sport that they really like and are good at it.

What are their favourite animals?:Claudia likes all animals (but out of home) and Britany´s favourite animal is the lion.

How is the best player of the team?:They say that all of them are good.

Is the size important to play basketball?:No, it isn ´t ,you can play basketball well if you are tiny or giant.

Do they eat junk food?:Britany sometimes after a match, but Claudia never.


BY : Aitor Jauregi
              Claudia from Romania is also a model of sportswear! There are many option for sportswomen!

                                        
In which team you want to play in the future?
Britany Miller and Claudia: I would like to continue playing in gernika.
BY: Ane Martín 
Do you like any other spoorts?
 
CLAUDIA: Yes, I like almost all sports but basketball is the most interesting.
BRITANY: Yes, I like all types of sports but my second favourite sport is "cesta punta".
BY: Naroa Artetxe

Where are you from?
Claudia: I am fromRomanía
Miller:and I am from Georgia , USA.

BY Araitz Elorriaga


CLAUDIA POP AND BRITANY MILLER

- What was your favourite subject at school?
  Claudia: I liked Geography and Maths, and I also liked reading.
  Britany: I liked Art, and lunch time too (laughing), but I think my favourite one was Science.

- Was it a difficult decision for you to move to the Basque country?
  Claudia: Not really, I'm always moving from one city to another, so it wasn't difficult. For example, last year, before coming here I was in the South of Spain, in Huelva. But I prefer the people at the North (laughing).

- Is there a good atmosphere in the team?
  Claudia: It's the best atmosphere! When we are travelling and we are bored, we all together start to discuss about everything, you know, that's what girls do (laughing).
  Britany: Yeah, I'm with Claudia, there's a very good atmosphere.
 BY: Maria Amezaga
                                Our DBH 2 class with the girls :)

 How did you discover that you liked basketball?
Britany: Just playing it. At the beginning I didn't like it much, but after playing it for a while I started to love it.
Claudia: Once I tried it I liked it, so I wanted to play again.
BY: Paula Aldana

(How did you start playing basketball???)
 "Claudia"
-When I was looking to a coach I think that I needed to try and now I never want to finish it.
(How old were you when you started playing???)
 "Claudia"
-I start playing with 8 years old and now I am 25.
(How did you start playing basketball???) 
"Brita"
-I was looking it and I decided to try it and now I can't leave it.
How old were you when you started playing???)
 "Brita"
-I start with 10 years old  and now I am 27 years old .
BY: Lander Rodriguez

Q: Do you like hot or cold temperature?
B: I like cold an snowy places.
C: I like Hot places and beaches.
BY: Stefan Nita
 .Do you have any favorite football team?
Claudia:Yes, Real Madrid.
Britany: Me too. 
.Do you have any pets?
Claudia: No, I don´t.
Britany: I have 2 dogs. 
. Do you have any brother/sisters?
Claudia: I have 1 brother.Britani: I have 2 brothers.
BY : Paul García
Special thanks to Esti, for helping us with the visit and the interview and to Claudia and Britany who were very kind to answer all the questions and were so friendly to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment