Wednesday 16 September 2020

DBH 4, Welcome back!

Summer 2020
I could say that this summer is one of the worst , but I´m going to say that it is a normal summer. As you know we had a complication called covid-19, this caused that many things that we liked to do in the summer we didn't do, one of them is to travel safely, visit place...Not even being able to visit our friends. Not to mention that we had and still have to wear a mask, but it didn't make me avoid enjoying my summer. 

At first this made me feel very frustrated and angry, but after thinking about it, it happened to me, since we did all this to protect ourselves. Staying with my friends was not so frequent due to covid-19 so that made me practice new hobbies at home like baking, it also made me return to other hobbies such as reading.That's not all, because we stayed at home I started talking to people and recovered several lost friends .After the situation improve could meet more my friends I think that meet more my friends it made me happier. That's not all, because we stayed at home I started talking to people and recovered several lost friends 

In August, after convincing my mother that she would take care of my health and would be very responsible, she let me go to Madrid to visit my cousins. As Madrid was the most infected city, I could not visit many fantastic places that I would have wanted to see them again, but that didn't stop me from having a great time. 

I'm not going to lie, it hasn't been one of the best summer. But at least I'm happy I had summer.

BY: Mª Jose

This summer I have done a lot of things taking into account that there is coronavirus. But on the street you have to wear a mask, so it was a bit overwhelming. 

I have go to the swimming pool with my friends, to the beach with my family, to Portugal(Oporto) with my uncle, my father and my boyfriend. Portugal was very beautiful the most nice thing that I do it there was ride the cable car with my boyfriend. It was like a paradise. 

Another thing I did was go to the hospital for falling off my bike, because one day my friends happened to go by bike to a town called Sukarrieta where there is a beach that is a bit far from where I live.
When I fell I was in shock and my friends came running and tried to help me, my head hurt because I hit there, on my knees and hands, basically my whole body hurt.

While I was in shock, a man who was running down that road passed by, he helped us to get a car to take me to the hospital, after a couple of minutes they took me to the hospital, there they treated me very well.
I had to rest for a week, my wounds hurt a lot and my friends came to visit me to encourage me.

When I got better from the tragedy of the fall, I went out to be with my friends, there were few days of summer left so we took advantage of them, going for a walk in Forua, going to dinner all together.

So this summer has been a bit fast and fun and weird.

BY: Abril

My summer

This year has change a lot.From January to now everything is different.This summer I made more things that I thought I could do.I first I just go outside to have walks with my family and stuff. But little by little I start going out with friends.But as always with the security distance and keeping safe.
I think that everyone has got that feeling of scare .when we saw in the TV how much people was dying and how many families did the coronavirus destroy you feel scare.

This summer I was suppose to go to Ireland 3 weeks but the flight get cancel soo I couldn't go. I went with my family to Asturias, just to disconnect. As we have been there before we didn't do so much turism. As the house was in the mountain we were alone , eating outside and having a lot of walks . We stay in Asturias 10 days.Then we return and is when in Gernika started to be so many cases of coronavirus.I think this year it isn't what everyone was thinking it would be. In part this summer was one of the worse . 

I start the summer losing my best friend for ever. He was a great person. When people think  in what he has done they could think it was a bad influence or a bad person. But I know how he was really. It was a person how could do anything for his friends. He could give everything for his friends to be happy. But he just go and the only thing I can do is remember him as he has to be. Apart from that my granny is very sik she was 8 days in the hospital. Now she is getting better but the thing she has is forever.

But apart of the sadness and the darkness I also meet incredible people . I made so many things with my friends like go in the  bicycle. Go to the beach, to Elantxobe. One of the things we liked more this summer was going with some friends to Arratzu and enter to the cold water of the river. That days where incredible.  I also went to do canoes in Laida with my cousin his boyfriend and my brother. I was very fun .  I spend a lot of days with my cousin and her boyfriend. One day we went to Txatxarramendi , then we went to have the dinner in Bakio.And finally we went to Algorta to leave Jon with the music very loud in the car and all the windows down. That was also great.  

So in facts my summer was very strange. I think for everyone but we have to made ous best too be Ok.
BY: Ohiane

SUMMER 2020
As you will know, this year many things have happened: the coronavirus has appeared, many people have died, now we need to wear masks... And as always, summertime comes, so I'm going to talk about my experience.

At the beginning of the holidays I didn't do much; I usually stayed at home until 6 o'clock in the afternoon and then hung out with my friends. I normally watched TV or played games while I was staying at home. Then, in July, as the temperature raised a little bit, my friends and I went to the beach every two days. We went really often to the beach. It was really fun. There is a place  where you can jump into the water and it's really exciting. Next, in August, we didn't go to the beach as often as we did in July, but we went once or twice a week. Instead, we went really often to a football field where we played football for hours. We ended up very sweaty when we finished playing.    

This summer has been great, since we have done a lot of exercise and we have had a lot of fun, but it wasn't like this all the time. Since we all have to wear masks according to the government, it was really a torture to wear them when it was really hot outside or while we were playing football. Also, many of my friends stayed at home because their parents panicked and didn't let them go outside due to the coronavirus, so there were days when I didn't have no one to hang out with. Finally, this year I was supposed to go to Romania on holiday, but due to the virus, my mom was scared to go so we didn't. I really wanted to go there since I have many cousins and friends that I wanted to visit, but I could not.  

I don't know to tell if it has been a good or bad summer; I only know that I have had better summers.

BY: Denis

I didn't like this summer cause i travel a lot, this summer i traveled to Malaga and that is it. I went to Malaga alone. In Malaga there are a lot of restrictions because there are more than one hundred thousand habitants. The basketball course was broken by the town hall, same as some football pitches and tennis courts, so I only  got to meet my friends. We also had planned to go to England and Greece but we couldn't 

Back in Mundaka, my mother, my aunt  and I walked a lot in the mountains, went to the beach to paddlesurf, and kayaked at the beach.

At the beach there weren't a lot of people as expected, but at the weekend there were a lot of people.

Some members of my family came to visit, like my cousin, my sister and boyfriend, my aunt and uncle, they had loads of fun at the beach, different views and people.

Also one of our friends has a garden and he gave me a bit of terreine and we planted sunflowers, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce and more.

Next to that garden there was a short walk that will take us to this beach where we used his kayak.

Also another friend of my aunt had a boat and a little business that was a trip to see dolphins, whales etc. We had a party there with awesome food where the captain fished a Bonito and we ate it. It was delicious, we saw the sunrise and lots of sea creatures.

And that was my summer. I wish I could've had more but this pandemic stopped me.


BY: Matthew


This summer has been a little bit crazy for me. I've felt very stressed with the mask. Sometimes I forget the mask at home and everybody in the town looks at you rarely like if you were a monster. Last summer compared to this one was a very nice summer. I travelled to many places and I visited a lot of museums. I also stayed a lot in family and this summer my family didn't want to come because of the pandemy. It is very hard to don't see your family because of a virus that can infect you and you don't know when it can happen. The advantages of this summer are that we started later school and the disadvantages are that you can't stay very late with friends, you are wearing a mask in summer with a temperature of 30 grades and you have more responsibilities for not infecting you and the other people. This summer has been a completely disaster and now the police is setting a fine of more than 100 euros if you don't wear the mask. I think this is good because if they pay a fine they are going to learn wearing the mask. If this pandemy hasn't appeared I would have travelled a lot. I'm angrily because of this extrange virus. I didn't have any vacation in Barcelona or in Torrevieja or in Venecia.I'm full of fury cause I was imagining my vacations lying on the sand of Torrevieja, but no. I've passed all my vacations at my town. I've stayed 3 large  months at home and then I stayed with my friends. I hope that this extrange creature has a cure and a I could go in a good vacation with my family for all the work done in school.  
BY: Maialen

Since Covid-19 has appeared in our lives, many habits and even our lifestyle has changed. This situation has brought mostly bad things, for ourselves and also for the government.

Before summer started, the idea was going to Romania but what I thought was that I wouldn't go on a trip to anywhere, because everything would be more limited, but we finally went on a trip to Cadiz. They always told me south Spain was very beautiful and different, and it is like that: beautiful and very long beaches, narrow streets, a lot of Arabic culture... I really enjoyed the trip a lot, but it was very uncomfortable wearing a mask all the time, even going to the pool on the hotel. Something that was really strange was how the hotel where I stayed organized the pool, by putting timetables and putting absurd rules like you couldn't swim, you just could stay in a place inside the water. I also ate a lot of fish, for example: the Almadraba tuna, which is very typical in that zone of Spain and you could eat in a Tataki way, fried, almost raw... The best fish I tried there was a Almadraba tuna in a Tataki way, near a beach in Chiclana de la Frontera. We also did something special, which was celebrating the birthday of my aunt's boyfriend, by putting snacks and putting many balloons that formed the word 'Zorionak'.

It was a really exciting holiday, I had a very nice time with my family and I would go every summer to the south of Spain, so I can meet more culture from there.

BY: Iustin

I think that this year things have changed a lot, it is not everything like before. For example, when I go to the street I have to wear a mask and it is uncomfortable because you cannot breathe well. But you would also be good if you were it . In class things change a lot. For example we need to wear a mask because it is a pandemic . One of the worst things is that now we can't go out at recess and be out. Another thing that is poorly organized is dance because we have to dance with masks and we get more tired and find it more difficult to breathe. Although on the other hand we take more breaks and they let us drink water from time to time. Many things have also changed in English, now they give us gel and they take the temperature when we enter, as in the dance and at school . I think this year will be strange and different . But we can learn a lot of things . 
This about taking the temperature and giving as hell isn't only in Gernika , it is more places to .But I think that all of them are doing the same things .
This year I only went to Badajoz to pass una week because of the coronavirus. We went all the days with the mask like in Gernika . The number of tourists has dropped a lot since we have had to be confined. At the beginning of my forties, I was a bit scared because my aunt is a doctor and my father is a police man and they have had to work a lot and it has not been easy. And even knowing that the police and doctors have done everything , there were people who did not agree with what they were doing, they did not stop complaining. I suppose that it is very easy to criticize but if you put yourself in that person's shoes it is one of the most difficult jobs and more in those situations and  they do not appreciate it. 
When we were confined there was less pollution too .But now the streets are so dirty .I think that we all learned something about this .And if we get confident again we would know how to compourt .
BY: Zuriñe
Nowadays the corona virus has changed a lot of things and people mentalities,
for some reason people thinks that with the corona virus you cant travel to anywhere,in part its true but if you be responsible and you carry out and follow the rules you can travel and have a funny summer.
In my summer I have travelled to Cadiz and I also stayed at home and sometimes I went with my friends outside or to a mall to buy things. I also went to the beach but following the rules of not more than 10 people and following the rule of 2 meters away to stay safe.
With my family I have been in the beach and in some birthdays of them,I also have lunch and dinner in some restaurants and one day we went to buy clothes to Bilbao.
When we went to Cadiz we visited a lot of famous places like Teatro Falla,Castilo de Santa Catalina and the Park of Genoves,they are wonderful and peaceful places that you must visit if you travelled to Cadiz.
We also went to the beautiful beaches of Cadiz,they were very crowded but it worth it because they are wonderful
We where 2 weeks in Cadiz and then we went back to Gernika to the parties.
When we went to the parties,we get scared of how much people it was on the restaurants and in the bars, so , whe didnt get home late.
Finally, the summer its over and we are back in school,this summer it has been a little bit weird but I had a good time. 


BY: Alain

This summer, a lot of things were different, we had to 
live with the masks and I didnt go on summer 
holidays because of covid 19. I usually go to 
mayorca on holidays but this summer I went
to my grandfather's town. Before going there i 
met with my friends,but we needed to use 
masks to prevent covid. After meeting i went to my 
grandfather´s town,nobody lives on that town 
so we were alone, myfamily and I. With nobody to 
use the mask, we didn't use it on the town, 
but when we go to the town that is next 
for buying food for a week we do use the mask.
On the town of my grandfather is a river 
with a deep zone and it usually not so cold,
i was all the day on the river alone without 
the need of using the mask. My mom didn't let
 me going to the beach with my friends so i only went
 once at the beginning of summer, when masks were 
not obligatorie. The thing that most changed my summer
 was the covid 19 and the mask but the rest it was normal, 
i was having holiday with my family.
BY: Liher



This year a lot of things have changed due to this strange situation.
At the beginning of the year we expected that a good year was coming, but it wasn't like that.
The covid-19 pandemic arrived to our country and everything has changed, we have created new different habits like wearing mask to protect us, or having social distance.
This has been the strangest summer of my life, a year ago it was an habit to go to other villages to celebrate the villages parties that was one of the best things of the summer, but this summer all the village parties were suspended due to covid-19.
It was very funny to go to the bumper cars an then go to listen to music in a concert of a DJ and meet new people, tihs summer that was impossible because we all were scared and we were afraid to catch te virus.
In the beaches the things have changed a lot to.
BY: Daniel


This year, because of the covid-19, a lot of things happened. Many of the cultural and touristic places close down and it was difficult to go on a trip because of all the protocols, the dangerous situation and all the cases of coronavirus that each country had. So, it was a different summer, I wasn't available to go on the trip that I had planned but at least I was available to go on different trips the last two weeks of July, my parents and I  went to some different towns that were very close to my house to see few museums but mostly the views that each town had to the sea and to the beaches. Some weekends, I met with my friends we went to the beach shopping and we also went to a friends house that has a swimming pool and we also make a picnic there. The situation wasn't very safe for anyone so we couldn't celebrate "Gernikako Jaiak". In my opinion, the most dangerous part was when we started the quarantine because the doctors didn't know much about the danger and the most dangerous things is that the hospitals hadn't had all the medical supplies that they needed and they were full of people with the covid and markets and shops didn't have the opportunity to buy the equipment that they needed so all of them closed and the economy of the country went down. I also think that from now to the next year the cases are going to go up because most of the students around the world started school so it is very difficult to mantein the cases low because we are all in the same class and we are always in contact. 
--
By: Ane Pinedo

This summer it has been so boring compared to last summer.Because of the "coronavirus" this summer has also been different,for example,because of the virus I couldn't travel to any place,there were limited places in specific places,such as;cinema,beach and restaurants.The most annoying thing was that we must keep the mask even though all the heat that makes.It was so unbearable and frustrating.


We entered the month of August,this month it should have many parties with the fair stalls,but due to the covid this couldn't happen.The government put some rules that were disobey by most of the town,in consequence of this there were excessive contagions,reaching the point that they were rumored to confine Gernika.Because of this I went at home for 2 weeks so I couldn't go out with my friends.


Last weekend I went to Cantabria to enjoy the little summer left.I went to Cabarceno,but we had to make a large queue before because there were just limited places.In my opinion it was a waste of time because some animals jails were closed due to coronavirus and maintain the health for them.But, this summer it hasn't been so comfortable because the most of the places were crowded so you must do queue.This virus became very dangerous with the pass of the time and make us enter in a confinement for 3 months.In the summer people thought that we were keeping calm and far from the virus,due to not respecting a law we are getting worse in Spain,while some other countries have already passed the virus.I hope next summer we could have a nice and normal summer comparing to this one

BY: Adrián



Last summer, due to a global pandemy I couldn't leave my house most of the days and when I left my house, I met my friends with a mask or I went to restaurants with my parents. My friends and I spent that time going to the beach, going cycling, walking around Gernika, playing football and basketball...But when we went to the beach the tenth time, I jumped to the water and I had an accident. Due to that accident, I needed to stay home for one month. I was bored but my friends visited me once a week and I felt happy and excited. We laughed watching films and played some games at my house.

I also went most of the days of the summer to my grandmother's house to accompany her because. There we ate with my grandmother and my cousin. My mother prepared delicious food. After we ate, we went for a walk in the forest near the house and we played games with my grandmother's dog. Finally, we went to the neighbours' house and we ate an afternoon snack together.

I went on holiday to Gijon, Asturias for one week. I stayed in a cheap and comfortable apartment. There my parents and I visited all the monuments of Gijon and the stadium of Gijon called El Molinon. But the thing that we mostly did was going to the beach in Gijon. We went to the beach three or four times a week. It was very crowded, was very long,  had big waves and the sand wasn't dirty. I enjoyed the holiday a lot and I recommend going to Gijon because it's a beautiful place. We also visited some other towns of Asturias, like Cudilleiro. It was a little town with narrow streets and it also had a big port next to it. The water was quite warm so my parents and I decided to swim there.

My summer experience has been a little bit boring because I was at my house, but I enjoyed all the times I was in the street. 

BY: Ander






No comments:

Post a Comment