Monday 21 October 2019

DBH 4, A disaster!

A terrible earthquake
On the 16th of may it was my birthday, we were my siblings, my mom, my dad... and I so we were lots of people because of my birthday, we were celebrating ir when the floor started to vibrate.
We thought that it's nothing so we continue celebrating by birthday.But then the floor started to move more and harder, we got scared and we all sit under the table, the roof of the house started to fall, so we didn't move from there.We stayed there fore more or less 3hours until it stopped.
Our house got destroyed but don't worry now we live with my sister until we will find another house.

BY: Nicoleta

In 1983 there were strong rains during a week that caused floods all around the Basque Country. My mother has told me about this story and told me about how she experienced it. They lived in Busturia, in a big house on top of a hill near a river. The rain was still on and they were watching on TV all the floods that happened in the Basque Country. 

They even heard that Gernika started to flood so she went out and looked what was happening in Busturia. She went down a little bit and saw lots of people going towards her, up the hill. She then saw the water, which was carrying loads of stuff: washing machines, cars... She continued to go down the hill until she saw the bridge nearby. She couldn't go through it because there was water on it. She continued watching the environment when the bridge fell down. It was insanely terrifying. Even the Spanish Army came.

When she returned home she saw around 20 people in her backyard, that were offered shelter by her parents
BY: Gorka
On 1st November 1755, occurred an earthquake in Lisbon, known as the Lisbon earthquake and also known as the Great Lisbon earthquake. This occurred around 09:40 local time. In combination with fires and tsunami, the earthquake destroyed Lisbon and adjoining areas. 

Seismologists today estimate the Lisbon earthquake had a magnitude in the range 8.5-9.0 on the magnitude scale.Chronologically it was the third known large scale earthquake to hit the city. 

There were between 10,000 and 100,000 people death, making it one of the deadliest earthquakes in history.
BY: Gabriela
THE TSUNAMI
On 28th August 2019, my parents, my brother and I were in our hotel room in Honolulu resting when we heard a siren sound. We were surprised and schemed because we didn't know what was happening. When we got out of our room we understood everything. A tsunami was coming to the island!

At first, we looked for a high place in the island. We didn't have many time to think, so we made it quickly. Then, we ran to get to a high mountain. People around us was very scared and nervous, so we had difficulties to make a progress. Luckily, we got there on time. After the tsunami had collapsed the island, we stayed there for 3 days waiting for help.

FInally, a helicopter arrived to the island and took us to a safer place and we returned home. I'm glad that we're all alive and safe.
BY: Ismene

On 21st November 2009, my friend Dan was in a hotel in Haiti when an earthquake hit the area. It was not a normal one, either! It was one of the highest ones ever measured, with a strength of 8.4 in the Richter Scale.

The buildings started to shake, things flew from one place to another, hitting the people who got in their way, windows being destroyed... Then, many buildings collapsed, including the one he was in. He was trapped there for almost three days, but he somehow survived. Needless to say, he felt terrified. After he received aid, he returned to the place to keep looking for survivors, but unfortunately, there weren't many survivors.
BY: Ekain

On 15th September, 2018 my friends and I were playing football on a place near to my house, when we noticed that there was a lot of water coming out of the sewers. Then it stopped and we decided to go home.
When I was arriving to my house one of my friends called me, saying that his home was flooded. I was scared because, because while I was walking more, there was more water coming again from the sewers. I arrived home and my mom told me that we should go to my aunt house, because our is gonna be in danger.
So we took our backpacks and how we could we get to my aunt`s house. Is so dad because now we have to look for another house.
BY: Joane
 
On April 2010, my parents, my sister and I were in Iceland when a volcanic eruption occurred.

At first, it all started with a huge earthquake. Then, magma and flying rocks started sprouting up of the volcano, some of the rocks almost reached the town we were residing in. The sky turned black as the smoke and ash covered it. We were very scared and we couldn't return home because of the volcanic ash.

Finally, after waiting for several days we could return home safely.
BY: Aimar
 
Flood
On 19th of July, my family and I we were on holiday in Japan when a terrible flood ruined our holiday.

At first all was normal, the water was in a low tide.Then, my sister saw that the water it went up very fast so during the time we went leaving I decided to call my dad and let him know what was happening so they can stay in a save place. The flood covered the whole city so we cant do anything until the water went down, so we were very hungry and worried about our parents.

Finally, the water went down and we finally could go to the street to meet our parents and eat something.
BY: Emil
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment